Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quick Taste: Mohua Sauvignon Blanc

Tonight we had a free wine tasting at the store, sampling two wines from Australia and New Zealand. The Australian Syrah was great! Smooth, nice spice, lingering finish. However, it was the Sauvignon Blanc that caught my attention! This New Zealand wine was beautiful and was a great price! At $11.99, this white wine had a beautiful nose, was full of fruit on the palate, and had a well balanced finish. It, in my opinion, far exceeded many of the domestic sauv blancs I have had. In one word, this wine was bright! Easy drinking, but not dull; perfect with a seafood dish or just by itself. I might have found my new favorite sauv blanc!

Tasting Notes: on the nose: PASSION FRUIT, citrus, some stone fruit. Melon and grapefruit on the palate. Nice lingering off dry finish. Beautiful!

Up coming posts: current book I'm reading and domaine laroque cab France

No comments:

Post a Comment